Voices of Hope hosts many trainings, meetings and events. For recovery support meetings held at the Center or online, go to the Recovery Community Center page.
- This event has passed.
Working Wellness Training
February 25, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
The University of Maryland Training Center and the Behavioral Health Administration is pleased to bring Working Well for Peer Recovery Specialists Training to you.
What is Working Wellness Training?
Working Wellness for Peer Recovery Specialists is a three hour online training which will help Peer Recovery Specialists recognize what wellness at work means for them and their organizations and how to achieve and maintain wellness in the workplace.
Objectives of the Training: Participants will learn to:
· Define their values and how these values influence our wellness and work
· Develop and Apply a personal Wellness and Recovery Plan for the workplace
· Practice how to support co-workers in crisis.
Date: February 25, 2022
Time: 9:00 a.m.- 12:30 p.m. If you foresee an issue logging on, please sign in early. You will not be admitted after 9:15 a.m.
Location: On-line training.
There is a test given at the end of the training. You must receive a score of 80% or better to receive a certificate for the training.
To Take This Training you will need:
1. A laptop or tablet that has a camera
2. Camera must be “on” during the training
3. A strong Internet connection
4. Laptop must be fully charged or plugged into an electric outlet
5. A quiet space that provides privacy for you and other members attending the training.
6. All materials (participant handouts which you will be emailed to you) extra pens, etc. to make this an effective work environment for you.
7. You cannot use a cell phone for this training.
CEUs: This training provides CPRS 3 CEU’s in the Wellness and Recovery Domain, approved by the peer credentialing board, MABPCB.
Additional Information: After you are registered and confirmed for the training, we will provide you a link and any other additional instructions you may need to join this training.