Voices of Hope hosts many trainings, meetings and events. For recovery support meetings held at the Center or online, go to the Recovery Community Center page.
- This event has passed.
Motivational Interviewing Training
July 29 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Motivational Interviewing for Peer Recovery Specialist – 3 CEUs in Mentoring/Education Domain.
You will need to download the Zoom app prior to the training. You will also need to have a working camera and microphone on a laptop or tablet. You may not use a cellphone for this training.
Join us and learn about:
- Expressing empathy through reflective listening.
- Develop discrepancy between goals or values and current behavior.
- Avoid argument and direct confrontation.
- Adjust to resistance rather than opposing it directly.
- Support self-efficacy and optimism.
This course is grant funded at no cost to you and registration is limited. Please be sure you can attend this training before you register. Students who register and do not attend will be placed on a restriction for future courses. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.