Voices of Hope hosts many trainings, meetings and events. For recovery support meetings held at the Center or online, go to the Recovery Community Center page.
- This event has passed.
Harm Reduction and Basic Practices Training
April 5, 2022 @ 9:00 am - April 6, 2022 @ 12:30 pmFree
Introduction to Harm Reduction and Basic Practices
Overview: Participants will learn about the principles that reduce the harm of drug use and risky behaviors to promote intervention, prevention and access to health care. This training will explore safer injection practices, safer use supplies and overdose education.
**We would like everyone to know the subjects we will be talking about may be triggering some individuals. Topics will include safe injection practices, handling of injection materials and other Harm Reduction practices.**
Training Dates and Time: April 5-6, 2022 from 9:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. each day.
Instructors: Erin Woodie, CPRS, RPS, CHW, Chief Operations Officer, Voices of Hope Inc., Elkton, Maryland and Aaron Wright ,CPRS, RPS, CHW, Program Director, Voices of Hope Inc., Elkton, Maryland.
Costs: No Cost
CEUs: 6 CEUs in the following domains: 3 CEUs in Advocacy and 3 CEUs in Mentoring and Education.
To Take This Training You Will Need-
1. A laptop or table that has a camera
2. Camera must be “on” during training
3. A strong Internet connection
4. Laptop must be fully charged or plugged into the electric outlet
5. A quiet space that provides privacy for you and other members attending the training.
6. All materials (participant handouts which you will be emailed to you) extra pens, etc. to make this an effective work environment for you.
Additional Information- After you are registered and confirmed for the training, we will provide you a link and any other additional instructions you may need to join this training.
Questions? Please email: Linda Oney at firstname.lastname@example.org.