Voices of Hope hosts many trainings, meetings and events. For recovery support meetings held at the Center or online, go to the Recovery Community Center page.
- This event has passed.
CCAR Recovery Coach Academy
December 5, 2022 @ 9:00 am - December 9, 2022 @ 12:30 pmFree
The CCAR Recovery Coach Academy
The CCAR Recovery Coach Academy© is a 5-day intensive training academy focusing on providing individuals with the skills needed to guide, mentor and support anyone who would like to enter into or sustain long-term recovery from an addiction to alcohol or other drugs. The CCAR Recovery Coach Academy© prepares participants by helping them to actively listen, ask really good questions, and discover and manage their own issues.
Objectives of the Training: Participants will learn to:
- Describe the roles and function of a recovery coach
- Build skills to enhance relationships
- Explore many dimensions of recovery and recovery coaching
- Describe attitudes about self- disclosure and sharing your story
- Describe stages of change and their applications
- Increase understanding of power and privilege
- Address ethical and boundary issues
- Experience recovery wellness planning
- Practice newly acquired skills
Dates: December 5 – December 9, 2022
Times: 9:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m., each day. This is the actual classroom time but there will be homework assignments and tests given each night of the training.
Location: On-line training
Instructors: Jennifer Tuerke, CRPS, RPS, Executive Director, Voices of Hope, Maryland and Erin Woodie, Chief Operating Officer, Voices of Hope, Maryland
CEUs: This training provides 30 CPRS CEU’s in the following Domains: Advocacy-7.5 hours, Ethic-9 hours, Mentoring/Education-5.75 hours and 8.75 hours in Wellness/Recovery
To Register: Click on the link below: